Teaching Children Yoga from a young age can have huge impacts on health and wellbeing, not only in the present but also branching into the future. Classes for pre-school aged children are designed to introduce yoga from a young age in a playful, non-competitive, creative environment.
Some of the KEY benefits of yoga for children are:
- Increases and promotes concentration, balance and focus
- Prepares children for moving into Primary School
- Promotes better sleep
- Helps children to relax and unwind
- Reduces stress
- Promotes a healthy active lifestyle
- Improves fine and gross motor skills
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Develops self-expression and confidence
- Increases body awareness
- May also support children with behavioural issues
All classes are run by a fully qualified Yoga and Primary School teacher whom is a member of the NSW Institute of Teachers, has full insurance cover and has up to date First Aid and Working With Children Check.
Yoga in the Park
Weekly Classes are run from Centennial Park on Saturday Mornings for Adults and Children.
Where: Centennial Parklands, meeting at cnr of Grand Drive and Parkes Drive
Time: 9am - 9.45am
Cost: $10 Adults, $10 Children
Suitable for children 3 - 5 years
What to Bring: Yoga Mat or Towel and Water as well as any other props or blankets you may need.
Please allow plenty of time for you are are child to arrive. We will be at the meeting point from 8.45am.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.